Friday, March 31, 2017

Epilogue


My Personal Connection

 

It can be seen as a bit of a trite phrase when someone says that they were meant to give a talk or teach a lesson because they were the one who learned the most. Well, this certainly applies to this blog. When I set out to delve deeply into the proclamation, I did have a strong testimony of the principles contained in it and a gratitude for the prophets of the Lord that brought it forth, but I did not realize the profound depths one could discover through research, study, prayer, pondering, and reflection. As I poured over church magazine articles and General Conference talks I was amazed at how intertwined the proclamation principles are with all the other gospel principles. I was amazed at the completeness of the doctrine and how it all ties back to family principles, a loving Father and Mother in Heaven and a perfect plan for the happiness of their spirit children. Through it all I felt a deeper sense of my divine nature and in a brief moment, a week ago in Stake Conference Priesthood Leadership Session, I felt some pangs of homesickness for my heavenly home.

 

My Relationship with my Wife

 
Throughout this experience, I had the wonderful opportunity to discuss many of these topics with my wife. She is very supportive, yet challenges me. As we reflected on our lives together and our time so far raising a family, we were able to remember the good times as well as the sad, think of how we’ve grown, and look forward to times still ahead of us. In the end, I think it is our relationship that is the greatest evidence of the truthfulness of proclamation principles and the foundation for my testimony of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment